One example is the report in the NY Times today that the Trump administration is considering removing subsidies for solar and wind power.
- La Comédie humaine - Wikipedia.
- Paris climate deal: Trump is on wrong side of history, science, politics and planet.
- Lardy Rat went to Town.
- How Trump succeeds to put himself on the wrong side of history on climate change.
- Paris Hotels and Places to Stay!
- See a Problem?!
At times of low energy demand and high production by wind farms, this actually allows the cost of wind energy to fall below zero. The Trump administration is apparently claiming that these subsidies undercut the competition from coal and nuclear power plants.
The Wrong Side of Paris by Honoré de Balzac
The reality today, however, is that is the cheap cost of natural gas that is largely responsible for the problems in the coal and nuclear energy sector, as opposed to renewables. Rolling back these subsidies for wind and also solar power would actually be a form of protectionism for the ailing coal and nuclear industries. As Paul Krugman keeps on pointing out , the actual costs of really dealing with climate change are much smaller and manageable than most people realize.
The fact that Trump is unwilling to bear some of that minimal cost is, to use a word, sad. What can you do about this? Knowledge is power, and messaging is power, especially on this issue.
Help us blast the airwaves with your measured and informed opinions so we can all get on the same page. Climate change is a tricky topic.
Why you don’t want to get on the wrong side of Bernard Hinault
While many of us know the absolutely crucial nature of international cooperation, climate change as a topic is beleaguered by misinformation and hampered by strong corporate interests. French teachers to join transport workers in December strikes.
- HMS London: Warships of the Royal Navy.
- The Wyvern Mystery.
- Biographisches Lernen und Professionalitätsentwicklung: Lernprozesse von Lehrenden in Pflegeberufen (Lernweltforschung) (German Edition).
- Amor sin condición (Jazmín) (Spanish Edition).
- Just one kiss (Just one... Book 2)!
- Growing up Texas: Stories from the Farm?
How the French government plans to solve hospitals crisis. Noisy ducks in south west France can keep on quacking, court rules.
Important - for all UK citizens living abroad. Help needed!! View all notices Post a new notice.
The Wrong Side of Paris (Modern Library Classics)